Determine Your Investment
* This excerpt was taken from Association of Image Consultants International (AICI) website.
Imagine that you’ve faced and overcome your challenge. For example, imagine that you’re fully confident in every business or social situation, or that your employees are treating prospects and customers with the utmost in professionalism. What would that be worth to you? How would that positively affect your business and your profitability? Keep that value in mind as you determine how much you’re willing to invest in image consulting.
Typically, the results you want to achieve determine the resources that you’ll spend.
* When you simply want to try out image services, engage a consultant who offers an introductory package that allows you to test your working relationship. If you’re pleased with the results, you can arrange for additional services.
* When you’re looking for specialized image expertise, expect to pay your consultant by the hour plus expenses.
* When your enterprise demands accountability and requires documentation of participants’ feedback, behavioral changes, and measured results, expect rates in the range of thousands of dollars per day.
You’ll discover that the fees charged by image consultants vary widely, based on the scope of your project, the consultant’s experience and track record, and market demand.
* For an individual consultation, fees might range from $75 to $350 per hour.
* For a presentation or workshop, fees might range from $300 to $600 per hour.
* For a half to full day seminar, fees might range from $3,500 to $10,000.
The key to success is to first determine what you can invest, and then find a consultant who can confidently deliver the results you want within your budget.